Important Update 10/8/2021
- In accordance with the San Francisco City and County Health Order C19-07y, Project Open Hand requires all volunteers to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination to volunteer at our San Francisco and Oakland locations. The following are the only acceptable proof of full vaccination:
- the CDC vaccination card,
- a printed photo or copy of a vaccination card,
- a photo of the vaccination card stored on a phone,
- documentation of vaccination from a healthcare provider, or
- a personal digital COVID-19 vaccine record issued by the State of California.
Find out more information about COVID-19 vaccine appointment here: www.vaccines.gov.
- Check your health daily prior to arriving to your scheduled volunteer shift. If you feel sick, please stay home.
- Practice proper social distancing (maintain 6 feet of separation from others) and wear a mask or face covering at all times.
- Frequently wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or using hand sanitizer when a wash station is not available.
- - -
At Project Open Hand, we rely on volunteers every day to help prepare, package and deliver meals with love, and distribute groceries to sick and elderly neighbors. Volunteers also help us staff special events throughout the year.
We offer a variety of opportunities for individuals and groups to get involved in San Francisco and the East Bay.
Contact us: If you have questions about volunteering, please call our volunteer hotline at (415) 447-2404 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Project Open Hand is a 501(c) (3) tax-empt charitable organization. In accordance with IRS regulations, contributions are fully deductible to the extent allowed by law.